Wednesday, May 09, 2001

I haven't been spending much time at the computer for a few days.....I go through these spells, but always get over it! Consequently I have not been keeping up with my blog.

Marna has been working on her science project this week. Gawd, I hate these things. It is required for her to do one. Brody can choose....thank goodness he chose NOT to do one! Marna seems to have better things to do than to work on this thing....like playing outside, watching TV, having a snack.....getting her to do the work she needs to do on this thing has not been an easy task!

Her project, "Does the Color of the Roof Affect the Temperature of a House?" really doesn't entail too much work. She and Mike put together a wooden 'house' and they put five different colored roofing shingles on it. Black, green, gray, red and white. She has had to put the house in full sun for a hour on three days, then put it in the shade, hang the thermometers on it and record 5 lousy temps.....she goes more willingly to the dentist to have teeth pulled than she does to write down these temperatures. Last night I made her sit down and write in her log book, so I could type it up for the display today. I typed up the the title and sub-titles last night and she cut them out .....but I will be doing the gluing. We use rubber cement for these....it is the neatest glue to use, but I don't want her inhaling the fumes. Now all we have to do is to get her to make a chart of the temperatures.....it should be fun getting her to do that. I can't wait until this thing is finished!!

No comments: