The guy we got our kittens Duffy and Triggs from told Mike that mother cat's newest litter was able to leave the nest. They are 8 weeks old. We have been going back and forth about getting a third cat since we heard mother cat had another litter. Duffy and Triggs have turned out to be such lovable kittens. I loved Casper and Rooney with all my heart, but I have to say that Duffy and Triggs are much sweeter cats.
I am such a worrier.....I don't want to upset the balance between Duffy and Triggs.....but I wanted another kitten. What to do???? Mike gave me many illustrations of friends who have added cats with no problem....I still wasn't convinced. The kids started begging.....on their knees.....I caved. We went out to the farm....I knew as soon as I saw them I wouldn't be able to resist. I couldn't. We went out with the idea of taking the black striped kitten, but then I saw this blue-gray and white one. He is so handsome, I couldn't resist. So he came home with us today. We named him Newt and he is currently living in the basement. There is a couch and chair down there and he has already mastered climbing onto those. He can't quite make the steps yet, but I am sure it won't take him long to figure them out.
Duffy and Triggs don't know quite what to think about this new invader. There has been a bit of hissing and some licking...but luckily no roughness. They seem to sense he is a baby. I am worried about them getting along, but Mike, the kids and a few friends I have called have assured me they will get along after an adjustment period. I hope so.....
No comments:
Post a Comment