A lovely Easter day is winding down. Our guests just left and dear Michael is tackling the kitchen. We left all the mess so we could socialize with our friends Joan and Tony. Joan has to work tomorrow....has to get up at 5AM, so they couldn't stay too late, especially since they have an hour ride home.
I think this is the first Easter the kids have not awakened on their own. Does that mean they are getting old or does it mean they are getting too little sleep? We woke them up and they were both thrilled with their baskets. We went to church and boy, was it packed! I know it always is on Easter.....but I have never seen it so full. The choir was exceptionally terrific this morning and we had a guest flutist and pianist accompanying the organ. The music was incredible. Marna sang in the cherub choir and as I was watching her I couldn't believe she was standing there, facing all these people. She sang her little heart out. Marna used to be so terribly shy....at that time I would have never believed she would be able to sing in front of so many people. After the service, there was an egg hunt for the kids 12 and under.....the older kids filled and hid the plastic eggs all over the church yard.
We had friends from the shore for dinner. Tony is Mike's best friend and I really like Joan a lot. We drank a lot of wine, laughed a lot and enjoyed dinner. Mike is such a sweetie that he cleaned up everything. Not an easy job. We have a dishwasher, but none of the silver or old crystal stemware can go in.....he had to handwash a LOT. He is so good!!!! I am still miserably full from dinner. Think I will go get comfy......my nightshirt and robe are sounding pretty damned good at this moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment